Building Our Bench and Securing Our Future: Ameriprise Financial Inc.’s Journey Into High Potential Development
Date: Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Time: 2:00 PM EDT
Embedding the development of high potential leaders into the fabric of a learning and development strategy is an ongoing priority and challenge for many of us. As we consider possible solutions for creating a willing and able bench of successors, we find ourselves tackling several questions:
- How do we define high potential?
- Are the learning needs of high potentials vastly different from other employees?
- Do our solutions provide ample opportunity for both development and visibility?
- Should high potentials learn from each other?
- Who should develop high potentials? L&D professionals? Managers and leaders? External experts?
- How do we know whether the program is successful?
Hear about Ameriprise Financial Inc.’s journey to build a comprehensive high potential framework. This session will cover the multifaceted approach we took to build this framework and some of our key learnings along the way.
- Learn how Ameriprise’s high potential framework fits within the overarching L&D strategy.
- Understand the key ingredients that of these programs that really work.
Review how we’re measuring success.
VP, Leadership Development and Talent Management
Ameriprise Financial Services Inc.
Twanya Hood Hill is the vice president of leadership development and talent management and an officer at Ameriprise Financial Services Inc.
Hill began her professional career as a chemical engineer in research and product development at Procter and Gamble. After completing her MBA, she worked as a general management consultant in the organizational effectiveness practice of A.T. Kearney Inc. Since then, she has led training and organizational development functions at Target Corp., Gap Inc., Genentech Inc. and Hennepin Health Systems. In addition to her current role, Hill has served as an adjunct faculty member in the Master of Arts and Organizational Leadership program at St. Catherine University
Hill holds an MBA in human resource management and behavioral science from the University of Chicago and a bachelor’s in chemical engineering from Howard University.
She most recently served as a trustee of Breck School and has served on the boards of the MacPhail Center for Music, Hennepin Health Foundation, PPL Health Careers Advisory Board, Brightwater Montessori, and Jack & Jill of America Foundation.
Hill is a wife and proud mom of two young adults and one teenager.